We are currently recruiting for an experienced electrician who can contribute to the planned preventative maintenance programme and to defect rectification on plant and equipment.
To provide an electrical engineering service throughout the Plant while implementing a culture of continuous improvement.
Key Job Duties:
- Carry out planned maintenance in accordance with the maintenance schedule and report any irregularities.
- 415kv 3 Phase system
- Complete report sheets in the absence of the maintenance manager.
- Interact with operations personnel in regards to fault finding, test, modification to process requirements, updating of drawings, and carry out defect rectification in line with the defect reporting system.
- To carry out high voltage (HV) isolations and high voltage earthing (if authorised) while maintaining an accurate switching log.
- Liaise with the Local Electricity Authority (Area Board) in all matters concerning the operation of electricity generator, including high voltage switching, (if authorised).
- Complete isolations necessary for the company permit to work system in conjunction with maintenance and operations requests.
- Test and maintain all electrical protection systems and alarms.
- Actively react to changes in circumstances and unplanned emergencies in relation to Plant and equipment.
- To assist other maintenance personnel as required.
- Working at Height and in confined spaces.
- Ensure plant cleaning schedules are fulfilled to a satisfactory standard.
- Report when stock levels are at re-order level for all items of spares and consumables
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively interpret data, and knowledge of fault finding.
- Ability to work under pressure and take on additional duties when required.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- HNC/BTEC/ONC in Electrical Engineering.
- HV experience/training desirable.
- City and Guilds 236, parts 1 and 2 in Electrical Installation is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and/or experience of power generation and industrial electrical systems.
- Ability to read electrical drawings.
- 17th or 18th Edition knowledge would be advantageous.
The shift pattern works to 7 days on - 2 days off - 3 days on - 2 days off
Salary: £30756 p/a + Overtime
To apply please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or forward your CV to Jonathan Lee Recruitment Contact email: [email protected]
Jonathan Lee Recruitment Office:
Hatton Technology Park
Dark Lane, Hatton
Warwick, CV35 8XB