Do you love working with kids and inspiring the next generation of engineers, designers, and builders? Instructors at Juni Learning work directly with students ages 8-18 by teaching weekly, online Math classes. All classes are taught remotely, using the curriculum and digital tools developed by Juni.
We've designed the instructor role to be a flexible part-time position. Instructors can set their availability and generally work with their students at a regular time, once or twice a week. We expect a minimum commitment of teaching 8 hours per week and at least a three month commitment
- Instructors will use the curriculum and teaching tools developed by Juni Learning. Each course is 50 minutes long, taught online, and may be a private (1-1) or small group class (maximum 2 students).
- We look for online instructors with a great attitude and desire to help kids build resilience and grit alongside their math skills.
Job tags: online math tutor, math tuition teacher from home, remote teaching
REMOTE JUNI MATH INSTRUCTORS
- Maintain high-quality teaching and professionalism.
- Promote our values and mission, and serve as a role model for kids of all backgrounds and ages.
- Majoring or minoring in a mathematics-related major OR have taught mathematics previously for 1+ year (either as a TA or through a program like Kumon or Mathnasium)
- BONUS: You have previously competed in math competitions and reached AIME level or equivalent
- Experience working with young students and track record in improving student outcomes.
- Passion for building interest in math in kids and teenagers (ages 8-18).
- Commitment to work a minimum of 8 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months.
- Ability to work well with students of different ages, some background in computer science.
- Strong communication skills, especially with families (both children and adults).
- Work authorization in the US.
Professionalism and initiative:
- Treat all students and parents with respect. Foster a safe community. Act in accordance to a high standard of ethics, and maintain family and student confidentiality and privacy.
- Take initiative to solve or anticipate problems early or refer to another Juni Learning employee.
- Flexibility to changing needs, and ability to collaborate with co-workers for any issues that may arise.
Apply at jobs.lever.co
About Juni Learning
Juni Learning is a technology company committed to preparing kids for life and developing leaders in the world. The company is backed by top leaders in technology including early stage investor Arielle Zuckerberg, Y Combinator Co-founder Jessica Livingston, Y Combinator Partner Adora Cheung and others. Juni was founded by Stanford graduates and Google alumni and now serves thousands of students in 38 US states and 10 countries. The Juni Learning company is headquartered in 995 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States. Phone: +1 650-263-4306.