Distance Learning Centre has a number of tutor vacancies on our Access Diploma programmes at the moment which we are looking to fill as quickly as possible. We are looking for
- Science Tutors - must have Biology but Chemistry and Physics desirable and
- Health & Social Care / Psychology Tutors
As a DLC tutor you will need to be able to ring your students every week (negotiated between yourself and the students) apart from holidays. You need to mark work accurately within the two week turn around period. You will also need to able to write academic references.
You need to enjoy helping students meet their goals, go the extra mile and love seeing students blossom and grow.
You will be the sort of person who keeps up with what is going on in the sector and be able to give good and valid advice on your student's goals. You also need to want to be part of a team and yet autonomous so that if you do not know something you will ask, or even drop in for a cup of tea.
What you do not need to do is write all your own materials and assessments. These are all provided for you, but if you think that you can improve things please let us know as we are always willing to make things better.
- A PGCE or other relevant teaching qualification and have English, Maths and a Science at GCSE C or above.
- Have experience in Teaching Adults.
- Have experience in Teaching Access to Higher Education Diplomas.
- Have an excellent telephone manner.
- Be very IT literate.
- Be able to work flexible hours.
- An honours degree in appropriate specialist subject.
- Have an A level or equivalent qualification(s) in relevant specialist subjects.
- Able to use social networking sites.
- Have knowledge of distance learning tutoring.
Apply at DistanceLearningCentre.com Ltd, 44 Rochdale Road, Darwin House, Todmorden, West Yorkshire, OL14 7LD. Company Number; 4918981