The recruitment team at Platanos College, Stockwell are seeking outstanding teachers of English to join a dynamic and successful team on a part-time basis. The number of days per week and specific days would be mutually agreed.
Platanos College is an outstanding, ambitious and high-performing school. We have a new state-of-the-art building with superb ICT facilities. It is just the place for talented, ambitious individuals to develop their career and make their mark. We received our most recent Outstanding rating from Ofsted in 2014/2015, our third successive Outstanding rating.
The ideal candidate will be an outstanding teacher, with excellent subject knowledge and a passion for raising attainment and expectations. You will also need to be creative in your approach to teaching and learning, with the ability to inspire pupils and maintaining a commitment to high standards.
- You will be part of a strong educational environment with the chance to develop and grow;
- You will be supported with the best professional development and learning opportunities across the trust.
Competence in teaching children with a range of abilities, using differentiation and
different learning styles and approaches
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Awareness of the educational applications of ICT
• A motivator, inspiring confidence in children that they can succeed and achieve their
• Thorough knowledge of the National Curriculum
• Ability to write long, medium and short-term curriculum plans
• Knowledge of current developments in the education sector
Qualified Teacher Status ( QTS )