The shifts will vary from day to day including early and late starts but are planned in advance. You will also be required to work a set number of Sundays and/or Bank holidays which will be discussed this with you as part of our recruitment process. A minimum of 13 Sundays and or 4 Bank Holidays will be agreed with your Team Manager.
As a Shift Leader, you will be working in a fast paced retail environment where no day is the same.
You will take ownership of store activities by running duty shifts, co-ordinating a team to deliver a clean and full store that exceeds customer expectations.
As the customer is at the heart of everything we do, you will be constantly looking for ways to improve service in your store through on the job coaching and feedback
You will have a great understanding of how your store is performing and be the expert in delivering practical actions for its improvement by taking a hands on approach.
With your guidance, your store will always remain a safe place to work and shop.
You will receive the appropriate premium payment for any hours worked on a Sunday and/or Bank Holiday.
• You are able to role model giving great, natural customer service ensuring every customers needs are met
• Be able to build strong long lasting relationships with colleagues to create a team spirit, encouraging them to be at their best
• You are a clear communicator and use a variety of methods to keep the team well informed
• Be confident in taking the lead as at times you will be in charge of the store.
• You are flexible in the way you think, making decisions efficiently and handling change to ensure everything we do is right for customers and colleagues
• You have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectations and effectively balance priorities
• Always looking for ideas and opportunities to serve Britain’s shoppers a little better everyday.
Tesco Stores offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include benefits:
Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
Share Schemes – Join ‘Buy As You Earn’ and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 3 months service
Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
10% off One Stop
10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
20% off all F&F purchases
20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
25% off Tesco Café
50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
Cycle to work scheme
Apply to this job on Tesco Careers
Tesco Esso Express 24 Store
439 Hertford Rd, Enfield EN3 5UT