Wincanton logistics have a number of opportunities for individuals to work in our friendly warehouse in Hoo, Medway, which is operated on behalf of Wincanton's customer Ikea.
The role of a Warehouse Operative is to carry out Warehouse tasks as directed. This will include picking / Container decanting / Counter Balance / Reach Truck and any other Warehouse duties, previous warehouse experience is desirable but not essential.
Evening and night shifts available.
If you are looking for a shift pattern to fit in with your work life balance then we can currently offer permanent late shifts of 1400 to 2200 and night shift 2200 to 0600.
- Working in a team environment in a safe manner adhering to site Health & Safety regulations and Safe Systems of Work
- Ensuring Quality is of the highest standards and all stock is handled with care so it arrives at our customers in perfect condition
- Picking stock accurately and efficiently
- Operating Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Checking of picked stock and assembled loads prior to dispatch
- A range of duties to support the operational efficiency and general housekeeping and hygiene standards of the warehouse and site
- 28 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- A safe working environment
- Focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary
- Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions
Job location: Kingsnorth Industrial Estate, Hoo, Rochester ME3 9ND
Wincanton is a leading logistics and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company Wincanton works in diverse industry sectors.