Babylon Health UK are recruiting Prescribing pharmacists to provide digital (video + telephone) consultations to our NHS patients in England. This position allows you to work from the comfort of your own home.
Babylon team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
You strictly must be able to confidently prescribe in Asthma, Hypertension, Diabetes, Contraception, Pain including migraine and headache and coughs, colds and sore throats.
The full time salary is £45,000 per year (based on 10 sessions per week, a session is 4 hours long) and enhanced rates for the evenings and weekends.
- Consult with patients remotely via video and telephone.
- Areas of consultation will include, but are not limited to: Contraception, hypertension, asthma, depression and medicines reviews.
- Medicines optimisation is a big part of consulting. During consultations we optimise treatment by adjusting doses, switching or stopping therapy if appropriate.
- Ensure QOF targets are met by appropriately coding relevant consultations on the relevant systems. This will include review for RA & COPD as an example.
- Providing the outcome of complex patient queries to patients.
- Carry out clinical medication reviews and optimised therapy.
- Providing digital first care safely by ensuring any associated risks are managed.
- Independent prescriber
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Excellent communicator
- Creative and innovative
- Team player
- Loves technology, IT literate & able to use multiple systems
- Confident in clinical knowledge and able to make clinical decisions independently
- Ability to problem solve unique scenarios presented by patients
- Clinicians with a patient centred approach to health care
- Desire to improve personal and organisational clinical practice.
- Competitive salary package including share scheme
- Professional indemnity paid
- Free babylon for you and your family
- A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
- Pension scheme
- BUPA health and life insurance
- CPD access to red whale GP update
- Flexible working hours