Whole Foods supermarket in Kensington has a new opening for a Grocery Buyer to work directly with suppliers to source products, strengthen the overall product mix and expand the product program. Ensuring Whole Foods offer remains relevant, on trend & continues to satisfy & delight Whole Foods customers.
Merchandising department West London, W8.
- Procure products from vendors at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need
- Provides regional input to Category Manager on category strategy, including regional customer and product trends and the competitive landscape
- Develops and executes category assortment plan, including supplier line reviews, assortment analysis, item planning and forecasting.
- Develops local category strategies within the context of the broader category strategy.
- Networks constantly to identify and nurture relationships with local suppliers.
- Partners with Product Coordinator to ensure effective and timely store communication regarding assortment, planogram, promotions, etc.
- Partners with Regional Marketing on marketing and promotional events
- Partners with Space Management to translate regional assortment plan into a merchandising plan and store-level planograms.
- Develops and executes category promotional planning for region-only items, including planning and executing key promotional events and reacting in-season based on sales performance and the competitive landscape.
- Assists with and/or provides pricing strategy recommendations.
- Conducts ongoing analysis of region-only items and performance trends.
- Understands and applies buyer concepts, principles, practices and customer expectations, ensure quality and maximize savings and efficiencies.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication skills, high levels of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Tailors communication approach to specific situations and audiences.
- Able to negotiate mutually beneficial supplier / producer arrangements, terms and conditions.
- Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret purchasing, procurement, contract, delivery, quality, pricing and other issues.
- Creates spreadsheets, charts and reports that contain relevant projections and performance data that can be clearly understood by diverse audiences.
- Possesses clear understanding of WFM’s and supported region / stores business objectives.
- Has passion for Organics, Fair Trade and the Natural Foods industry.
- Applies a customer-focused sensibility when analyzing business prospects and / or performing ongoing work activities.
- Team-player with a positive attitude and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Works effectively with others, in groups, in cross-functional settings and with diverse stakeholders internally and externally.
Apply online at Whole Foods Careers
Whole Foods Founded in 1980 as one small store in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market is now the world’s leading retailer of natural and organic foods, with more than 500 stores throughout North America and the United Kingdom.