Mitie Facilities Management recruitment team has a great opportunity for a Relief Security Officer to join the Total Security Management Team.
Relief Security Officers must be available to cover various shift patterns as well as being flexible in their approach to working locations and potential changes to working patterns..
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices within Freater London.
Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
- The relief security officer will demonstrate their character as determined, trustworthy, attentive and approachable at all times when welcoming clients and customers – ensuring ID badges are created, allocated and collected when appropriate.
- As the first point of contact for to all customers and clients, the Security Agents must have geographically aware of their local surroundings.
- Travel to various retail client sites to cover sickness, holiday and provide support to the core team when required.
- Must be able to man the phones, emails, IT systems, CCTV and Alarms, Doors and Car park if need be.
- The relief security officer must spot and stop all suspicious sightings or potential criminal activity and retain full control until the arrival of emergency services.
- Report to the Security Operations Manager – they must record, report and escalate all sightings and arrests on a regular basis.
- The relief security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- The relief security officer should be able to work on own initiative.
- Retail Security experience.
- Ability to travel to various sites.
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure.
- Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
- A Full UK Driving licence is required.
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
Apply online Mitie.smart.recruiter