Bus Driving Career opportunity at London Go-Ahead Group
The Go-Ahead Group - London bus operator is recruiting Apprentice/Trainee Bus Drivers for the following depots: Barking (River Road), Morden Wharf, Northumberland Park, Orpington, Silvertown, Stockwell, Sutton, Putney, Waterside Way (Plough Lane).
Go-Ahead London is the largest bus company in the capital, operating routes on behalf of TfL. We employ over 6,000 drivers operating approximately 2300 buses, from our 16 depots in South, North and East London.
You are applying for the role of Bus Driver for Go-Ahead London - the leading operator and largest provider of bus passenger travel in London. Applying for the position of bus driver could be the start of a journey within an industry that grows its business by encouraging and developing those who see this as a genuine career opportunity.
Your licence acquisition training, to gain the PCV driving entitlement, is part of Go-Ahead Bus Driver apprenticeship programme which is called “Passenger Transport Driver - Bus, (Intermediate Level 2)" that you will be automatically enrolled onto. The apprenticeship programme lasts for a minimum of twelve months during which time you will receive additional training over and above the initial licence acquisition training to pass the PCV tests. Once you have successfully completed the apprenticeship programme you will gain a nationally recognised qualification which is equivalent to 5 good GCSE's.
To be considered for one of Go-Ahead Bus Driver Apprentice positions, you must have held a full UK driving licence for a minimum of ONE year (subject to meeting certain criteria) and be prepared to work shifts. As buses run 7 days a week, 364 days a year, your work pattern will reflect that. You will be required to work the full range of shifts which will include starting early in the mornings and finisihing late in the evenings; this will include working weekends and public holidays as required. This is also the case when you are in training. This is a full time, permanent position.
- Required: UK driving licence (category B) held for a minimum of ONE year with no more than 6 Penalty points on your licence.
Starting pay rate at £500 per week (for drivers starting on Go-Ahead entry grade) rising to over to £700 per a week.
**please note This vacancy is only for non-PCV licence holders**
Job tag: no licence required Apprentice Bus Driver - London Go-Ahead Group
- The safety and comfort of your passengers is paramount at all times
- Engage with our customers in a tactful and professional manner including answering any questions they may have about their journey
- Keeping our customers informed/updated by making announcements using the public address system fitted to our vehicles
- Ensuring that your bus is fit for service at the start of your duty
- Ensuring that passengers have the correct means to pay for their journey
- Maintaining the schedule on the route
- Comply with company rules and regulations
- Professional training (with pay) to pass the PCV theory and practical tests
Apply online at Go-Ahead Careers London
You are welcome to apply, We are looking for excellent drivers who are prepared to go the extra mile. Our workforce rightly reflects the communities we serve, however, we are keen to increase the number of female staff, as we feel they are under represented.