Wincanton logistics recruitment team currently have permanent full-time vacancies for several warehouse colleagues to join the team in supporting our latest operation at Marus Bridge, Wigan. Working on a rotating 06:00-14:00 & 14:00 - 22:00 shift in Wigan - working 40 hours per week on a predominately Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday shift pattern but flexible to work any 5 from 7, as and when required.
Salary is £9.25 basic with a £1.00 premium for hours worked between 18:00 and 06:00.
Scheduled day overtime attracts a £1.50 per hour premium.
Unscheduled day overtime is paid at time and a half.
We are looking for experienced warehouse staff but full training will be given to the right candidates
This is also a fantastic opportunity to be part of an exciting start up project that will offer the chance of progression within the logistics business.
You will be responsible for effectively carrying out all the required functions within the warehouse, including but not limited to container destuffing, order picking, FLT, cross-dock, receiving, ecommerce picking, loading and unloading. All work must be carried out in a timely fashion to a high standard of accuracy.
- Must be flexible to support fluctuations in customer volume
- Must have a proven experience of communicating effectively whilst building effective relationships
- Must be able to demonstrate their ability to work towards targets whilst adhering to Health and Safety regulations
- Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with and ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work under their own initiative
- Must have a flexible and adaptable approach to work with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Must be honest and trustworthy with a positive response to adapting to the needs of the business
- Must accept accountability and be comfortable working in a pressurised, ever changing, and customer driven environment
- Experience of using MHE would be preferable (LLOP, PPT, HRT and CB)
- Valid RTITB licences would be advantageous
- An NVQ in Warehousing or relevant subject would be beneficial
Apply online at Wincanton Careers
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK